Online Educational Leadership Masters Program

nicole05

Online Educational Leadership Masters Program

Post by nicole05 »

I am looking for a good 100% online Educational Leadership Masters program that will not put me into debt (hoping to stay around $12,000 or less). I teach in the Middle East and hold a Hawaii State teaching credential as well as QTS.

I have been looking at the following programs but would appreciate any feedback or recommendations based on personal experience:

University of Nottingham
University of Portsmouth
University of Leicester
University of Derby
American College of Education
Teach Now
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Portsmouth and Derby are the least expensive. Teach Nows isnt regionally accredited.
AllThingsEdu

Re: Online Educational Leadership Masters Program

Post by AllThingsEdu »

Check out Arkansas State University MSE in Educational Leadership. It's 11,000 and can be done online with a certified principal mentor. A colleague competed it and was happy.

I spent the past month researching programs and cert options.

With this degree, as I understand it it, you'd be able to apply for a 2 yr nonrenewable license through Washington DC. You'd have to take an exam for the renewable license.
AllThingsEdu

Post by AllThingsEdu »

Sorry, I should add the caveat that AState is is nationally accredited by CAEP, like Teach Now. Which has some limitations, as I understand it. I've also been looking into St. Thomas University in Florida as they are regionally accredited by SACSCOC: however, this program is 16,200.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Uni. Portsmouth is cheaper for Ed.Ld at about USD$9300 and UPe for a teaching M.Ed (IBO) is USD$2600, both are available online.

You would also need the appropriate amount of acceptable edu experience. 2 years for initial and 4 years for the standard credentials.
nicole05

Post by nicole05 »

Thank you! I appreciate all the suggestions!