Life insurance for expats

muguet

Life insurance for expats

Post by muguet »

Sorry if this has been covered, but the search function keeps excluding the word "life" so I can only find stuff about health insurance.

What's the deal with purchasing life insurance when living abroad? I tried purchasing from a major company in my home country and did not qualify due to my address of current residence. If I write my home country address to get approved, do you think they would not honor the insurance if I were to die while abroad?

Any reputable companies that specialize specifically in expat life insurance?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Insurance such as life insurance may b considered an investment product, and as such is usually limited to entities that have a residence/domicile in the region/location they are being applied for. Just approach the company you want to obtain the policy from to get their underwriting requirements and then apply accordingly.
Heliotrope

Re: Life insurance for expats

Post by Heliotrope »

@muguet
If you Google "Life insurance for expats", you'll find some companies. Make sure to do you research on them though, not all are great of even mediocre.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

We purchased one from IMG through our school. You can email them at info@imgsc.com for a quote.

https://imgsc.com/life-insurance/
Illiane_Blues

Post by Illiane_Blues »

My HoD got his at Harrison Brook but there are many more options.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

Illiane_Blues wrote:
> My HoD got his at Harrison Brook but there are many more options.

I was once warned against Harrisson Brook, but this pertained to their retirement planning services. Also, I think they're mostly (but not exclusively) focused on UK expats.