List of closed schools

Mike

List of closed schools

Post by Mike »

Which schools have officially closed for the remainder of the year due to Covid 19?

Here is my unofficial list:
AES Delhi
JIS. Jakarta
AAS Moscow
All the UAE schools

Now which schools are letting people go home and teach from their host countries??
shadylane

Re: List of closed schools

Post by shadylane »

Closed or moved to distance learning ? It's not the same thing.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Closed as in closed the campus to students and all but essential personnel, or closed for good for the year with no online classes? I am assuming the former...

I know ICS Abidjan is closed, as is IS Dakar. Also ASOY in Cameroon. The Capetown schools were closing, I believe. Chinese and Mongolian schools are looking at reopening in April, but I am doubtful it will happen. I think they will continue on until June with online teaching. Japan is going back, but I think they might close again, if they do reopen. Just my thoughts on the last few...
Mike

Post by Mike »

Moved to Distance learning....

And are letting the teachers go back to their home countries with no penalties.
marieh

Post by marieh »

My school in Karachi is doing the same as Mike's. Moved to distance learning a month ago and teachers were allowed to go back home for the rest of the school year/summer break. It has been working relatively well so far.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

China people were out on vacation and didn't get back. The message went out to plan to come back around this time about a month ago, but then China went and closed their border.

Other schools I've heard about have varied - some said no, some said no until embassies said go, some said yes, some said yes but teachers delayed and got stuck.

Bottom line - good schools don't force people to stay in country and be exposed. Good schools don't penalize teachers when they CANNOT come back. My school gave people the choice to go or not and laid out different scenarios as to how it relates to teacher benefits, then left it to teachers to make the flight (example - school won't pay for you to repatriate, then give you summer flight money too... as you already repatriated...)