15 years experience and masters degree salaries here?

DomeVet

15 years experience and masters degree salaries here?

Post by DomeVet »

Does anyone know what the ballpark salaries would be for someone with 15 years experience teaching internationally and holding a masters of education for the following countries:

The Netherlands
Sweden
Finland
Norway
Denmark
Germany
Austria
Belgium
PsyGuy

Inquiry

Post by PsyGuy »

How big of a ballpark? What factors? IE or DE? What tier? Caps are going to play a significant role in IE. You can probably consult the respective ministry of labor and get some national averages for DTs/ITs.
kevin

Re: 15 years experience and masters degree salaries here?

Post by kevin »

Firstly, I think Finland would be too difficult to get a job in as they already have very highly skilled teachers there and don't think they really "need" foreigners. Every teacher must have an MA and their teaching courses are very sought after and competitive.

Secondly, Regarding Austria to give you an example I recently saw a job in a small town, not too far from the beautiful Hallstatt and on their recruitment pdf it says:

"The salary will be in the range €39,923 to €55,682 depending on qualifications and experience. An additional allowance of €2,101 is paid for a higher degree e.g. MA, MEd, MBA, EdD PhD"

(why 2,101 exactly? why not 2,100?!)

So you'd imagine for Austria maybe you'd be somewhere near the top of that scale?

Regarding Sweden, not sure if I'm wrong, but I heard salaries for teachers are not that good vs cost of living there.