May 2019 IB Results

May 2019 IB Results

Postby fine dude » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:34 am

What are your thoughts on this year's results? We are in time zone 2 and some of our HL & SL math scores are off by one grade level.
fine dude

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Postby interteach » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Ours are unusually consistent, but one set of results doesn't demonstrate much of anything.

Over the years I've found there are usually a couple of subjects where grading seems to be peculiar, and given valid feedback there's sometimes some widening of the grade boundaries if re-grading seems warranted - although in the best-case scenario that feedback has been provided prior to grades being released. As far as I can see, nothing is certain.

Every year seems to be different. I feel for you if students and teachers are feeling things are looking weird. Thhat's hard for everyone and I don't know of any quick fix to make people feel better.
interteach

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:25 pm

Postby fine dude » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:04 am

@interteach
Thanks for chiming in. Would you care to elaborate what the two subjects are?
fine dude

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Postby interteach » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:03 am

Sorry I wasn't clearer. What I meant was that out of all subjects, each year there often seem to be two that have grading that's hard to figure out but it's not consistently the same subjects year to year. I haven't seen any pattern of a record of off-kilter grading for a specific subject but neither have I looked for one.

This year for us was an exception in that we did not see it, but it may not be so for other schools. Again, sorry for the confusion.
interteach

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:25 pm

Return to Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], Vrstefko and 15 guests