Good salary for Beijing?

elkeisea

Good salary for Beijing?

Post by elkeisea »

Has anyone got any advice about salaries in Beijing? I'm expecting an offer from one of the better schools in Beijing (top tier British curriculum) and wondering what I should be expecting, assuming I've got a few years experience (3 years post-qualification, 3 years prior unqualified)? Trying to figure out what kind of rough figures I could be looking at - what's the minimum you'd accept and what would be considered good. This is just for the base net salary, I know it will come with a package of housing, travel, living etc on top.

I'm thinking around RMB 275k (net) upwards, is this realistic? Obviously I'll find out soon enough but I don't want to be hanging on for days and end up being disappointed!

Thanks in advance.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Good salary for Beijing?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

I would say that is a reasonable figure to shoot for (and wouldn't really go to Beijing for much less).

By comparison, the biggest, "best" int'l school in Beijing has a minimum starting net salary of ¥359,314.00 with a BA and ¥413,096.00 with a Masters degree (with 2 years experience) plus a retirement bonus of 30/40K per year.

We were at the 3rd or 4th best school there around 7 years ago or so and were making over ¥450K+ with Masters and 8 years experience (gross) plus a generous housing allowance, travel benefit and 10% retirement bonus.

I had heard that the school for boring witches paid a little less than you are looking for to start but that was also a few years back.

Take a look at the total package before making a decision. Good luck!
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Salary scale ranges, per month are:

Third tier (lower) = RMB¥25K
Third tier (upper) = RMB¥30K
Second tier = RMB¥35K
First tier = RMB¥40K
Elite (1st tier) = RMB¥45K (with the top around RMB¥50K)
elkeisea

Re: Good salary for Beijing?

Post by elkeisea »

Thanks guys, sounds promising. We'll see what shakes out this week.