Contracts

Contracts

Post by Guest »

I will be going to a Search fair this February. I was hoping to come out of it with a written contract. How often does this occur or is it all verbal contracts and they fax it to you when you get home?

Contracts

Post by Guest »

In two situations the director gave me a check for $3500 or more to cover my visa and shipping, and a signed contract. In three situations I walked away with a signed contract. In one situation I walked away with a promise to send a contract and was later told that another teacher came along that was more qualified for the job. This was after I called the director over and over again. He had no backbone. Couldnt' say no or yes, just kept me hanging. And, in one situation I walked away with a promise and they came through. Do your home work on a school and try to make an educated decision. If I had the choice between a contract in hand and a school making a promise I would take the one with the contract. Who comes to a fair to hire teachers and does not bring a contract to give to teachers? I think you know the answer!