Search

Sarah B

Search

Post by Sarah B »

Has anyone used Search before? How much do they help you find a job and how much of it is doing your own leg work?

Basically, is the only thing they offer is access to their fairs or do they do something else?

-Sarah :D

Post by Guest »

I was wondering this too. Also, how many of you experience international teachers belong to more than one placement agency? Does this help and do you recommend this?

Belonging to more than on recruiting agency.

Post by Guest »

I belong to both Search and ISS. In my experience neither really do anything to actually help you get a job. The big difference seems to be that ISS takes the money as you come in the door and Search takes as you leave with a job. Either way it's the same.

I have registered for both conferences in the past and used the second as a back up just in case I didn't find a job at the first. It's a bit of money but better than flying back to Pakistan without a job. Yes, flying back to the States from out of the country to find a new job is very expensive.

For the school director it's a paid holiday. For us cattle it's a an expensive affair.
me

Re: Search

Post by me »

Hi Sarah
I use Search Associates and it is very good. However, all depends who you are registered with.
I suggest you to do it with Harry Deelman.
Although he organizes London February fair, he might help you if you want to attend any other.
Good luck!