Chances?

Chances?

Post by Guest »

Hi- What do you think the chances are of a teaching couple getting hired where one has the requisite experience and the other does not? Here is the info: Husband - 2 years teaching Social Studies and in his mid-30s - second career (does age help?). Wife- Master's degree from top-notch university with teaching experience OUTSIDE of a K-12 environment. Willing to teach MS Math.

I know they like teaching couples and sometimes will bend the rules for them. Do you think there is any chance in the LAC region?

TIA!
Lifer

Chances?

Post by Lifer »

It depends where you want to work and how desparate the school is. There are many Int'l Schools that take anybody with a pulse, let alone a teaching certificate or experience. You probably won't get into one of the top schools, but there are lots of other good schools around that you should consider applying to. Go for it!!

you have a good chance

Post by Guest »

I think you have a good chance becaise math teachers are difficult to find and even if you have no classroom experience you do have experience teaching math. I agree....you should go for it.

Re: Chances?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Hi- What do you think the chances are of a teaching couple getting hired where one has the requisite experience and the other does not? Here is the info: Husband - 2 years teaching Social Studies and in his mid-30s - second career (does age help?). Wife- Master's degree from top-notch university with teaching experience OUTSIDE of a K-12 environment. Willing to teach MS Math.

I know they like teaching couples and sometimes will bend the rules for them. Do you think there is any chance in the LAC region?

TIA!
You are IN!!!!!! Those schools don´t have the certification requirements in the states, teaching couples are very attractive, and ANYONE who will teach MATH can take her pick!!!