nursery nurse positions??

michele

nursery nurse positions??

Post by michele »

As a qualified nursrey nurse working in Turkey for the last 6 years, I wondered if the international schools employed nursery nurse's from England or if these positions where given to local people. I would love to be able to work at an international school in Istanbul or Izmir.
Teacher

Nurses

Post by Teacher »

I think you should go to the school and apply for a job. I have never heard of a nurse being hired at a recruiting fair to come to an International School, but at two schools I have worked at the nurse was an American the already resided in the country. My guess is you have as good a chance as anyone as everyone knows American nurses are more in touch with modern medicine than their foreign counterparts in many third world countries.
Go for it !!!!
che

nursery nurse

Post by che »

Apply to universities as well, I shall say, like bogazici.
IICS, or Robert College may employ you but not british or MEFIS for sure.
I have no idea about izmir, less likely, but maybe the mef there. they do not have local students in izmir campus, if my knowledge is true.
guest nursery nurse

Post by guest nursery nurse »

As a nursery nurse from England, I have had lots of job offers in international schools and found that Select education, is a good company to use. Not sure if they operate in Turkey though. Why not call yourself an early years professional instead as the term 'nursery nurse' doesn't always translate internationally.
I'm starting in Bucharest in a few weeks, it's an international nursery school & looks fantastic!
Good luck