How long to wait?

How long to wait?

Postby adayal8 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi everyone, I've been an international teacher for a while now, looking to move onto my third international post. I've started applying to schools who have already listed openings for next school year. How long is the typical wait time to hear back once a resume has been submitted?

If I'm targeting one country specifically, do I still need to sign up for Search or ISS? I landed my current job serveral years back as a local hire, so basically I've never used any recruiter. Thanks for the advice!
adayal8

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: How long to wait?

Postby shadowjack » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:24 am

Hi adayal18,

first of all, if you are only interested in one country, likely neither Search nor ISS is going to want to rep you. But you could sign up for TIEonline for 39 bucks US and then use them to see.

As for schools, it can be a month or more. Right now if they are taking applications, they are waiting to the close of the process to go through the applications unless they get a superstar teacher who clearly outshines everybody else and might be snapped up somewhere else if the school doesn't act fast. That happens, but not every day.

Wait time for me through the years has been instant (next day job offer) to a month or two (by that time I/we had taken jobs elsewhere). Hope that helps.

Shad
shadowjack

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 am

Re: How long to wait?

Postby adayal8 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 pm

@shadowjack

Thanks for the reply! It's quite helpful. Will sign up for sure.

I've applied to two schools so far...one last Monday and the other 3 weeks ago, both with my position already listed. Fingers crossed that first school is just waiting around cause I really loved them!
adayal8

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Return to Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests