DODEA Hiring Timeframe

ladybug

DODEA Hiring Timeframe

Post by ladybug »

My husband had a phone interview for a teaching position with the Department of Defense at a base high school in Germany. The interview was held at the end of April. We haven't heard anything else from them. Does anyone know the timeframe for hiring and if he still has a chance for the job?
wrldtrvlr123

Re: DODEA Hiring Timeframe

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Normally you would hear something with days or weeks if you were going to be selected. There are exceptions (the position changed or had to be put on hold for some reason) but generally if you haven't heard anything for months then it would be a bad sign.

I would have him call or email the principal he interviewed with and just ask (I realize I probably did not get this position. Any advice or guidance on how I could improve my chances for future applications, etc).
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I generally concur with @WT123. After about 2 weeks your chances plummet. I would contact the principal with a short email or HRHQ and inquire on the status. Understand that vacancies dont close usually until quite late, so HRHQ may likely tell you the vacancy hasnt closed, when in reality they have selected someone already and their documentation is being processed at some stage.