Request for Advice on bullying/defamation

Cooldude

Re: Request for Advice on bullying/defamation

Post by Cooldude »

Why on earth are you befriending students on Facebook? Very unprofessional and asking for trouble. If you didn't befriend them they wouldn't be able to post! Second: Was this an appropriate topic for the country you are teaching in? You should critically reflect on your cross cultural skills and teaching. The students obviously have little respect for you and you have a spineless principal who is covering his own rear end. You have to let it drop or move on at the end of the year as you can't win battles against locals. The local admin. probably already have you labelled as a 'trouble-maker' and it will go downhill from here. Nasty but fact of life in some international schools.
McQwaid

Re: Request for Advice on bullying/defamation

Post by McQwaid »

@ cooldude

Thanks for the time-machine required advice.

Sorry to have wasted your time but there was no Facebook friending here.They used that one picture that is available when you lock the privacy settings and they sniped both mine and my wife's and chopped it up. I think everyone assumed that.

The unit was called "trade and exchange" and the last section explores the negative aspects of trade. We just finished a school trip to a Global Issues Conference in Hong Kong and the big topic there was Human Trafficking. They chose the topic from here, as many Grade 10+ students did.

As I previously stated, the issue is closed now.