Best recruiting companies for Brit curriculum?

bounty

Best recruiting companies for Brit curriculum?

Post by bounty »

Hi, I am thinking of paying money to join one of the job recruiting organisations like search, TIE etc.

It is a fair bit of money and my experience is 10 years in the Uk and 2 years abroad in a Brit curriculum school.

Anyone have any idea which company is most suited to British applicants? I have no experience of PYP ,IB curriculums so was thinking maybe some recruiters favour different types of schools and curriculums and I could be wasting my time applying to them?

Thanks.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Best recruiting companies for Brit curriculum?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

I am coming from the other side of the job market but from what I have seen, the major players generally have a good cross section of schools, curricula etc. TIE and Search Associates would both be good choices. Last I heard Search was also free if you are in the UK.

I would also check out English Schools Foundation in Hong Kong (if you have any interest in HK). They run 20+ schools in HK. They were formerly English NC but have switched to the IB. So, they are still heavily British in nature and would certainly be open to hiring teachers from the UK and training them in the IB (again, if you have any interest in that). They do their own recruiting through their website and usually start around Dec.
bounty

Re: Best recruiting companies for Brit curriculum?

Post by bounty »

Thanks,
I am currently teaching in Oman but interested in Malaysia/Singapore/South Korea or Japan. Not sure about HK or China. Will have a read.