English Schools in Bangkok

loveenglish

English Schools in Bangkok

Post by loveenglish »

Hi,

I'm new to ESL teaching and this forum and I'm looking for ESL teaching positions in Thailand. My husband has found a job there and we will be moving in August. I have a few questions:

What are some good English schools in Bangkok? What is there hiring process typically like? Do they offer positions with a Skype interview? How much experience do they look for typically?

I won't call myself a super experience ESL teacher but I worked for [url=http://www.spokenenglishpractice.com/]Spoken English Practice [/url] for 6 months in 2010. I'm a bit rusty as I was in the different field for the last few years but I really want to get back to teaching.

Thanks,
Maya
wrldtrvlr123

Re: English Schools in Bangkok

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

You might get some useful responses on here but the forum is much more geared to international schools that teach in English rather than schools that teach English.

You would probably be better off posting on Dave's ESL Cafe if you haven't already. Good luck!
TeacherInThailand

Re: English Schools in Bangkok

Post by TeacherInThailand »

There are lots of schools in BKK... both true schools and different language academies. It really just depends on your overall qualifications.

Most of the best schools start their hiring process about the first of the year. Ajarn.com will have listings, but the better schools are going to be listed on TIE, TES, and the like.