How common is it to not get payslips?

scoobysue

How common is it to not get payslips?

Post by scoobysue »

I'm in my second school (out of 4 in 7 years) that doesn't give payslips to teachers and I find that a bit worrying. Is it common for international schools to not give payslips?

I'm just curious here; the important thing is that the money is paid on time.
lyttled

Re: How common is it to not get payslips?

Post by lyttled »

The school I'm currently at doesn't give pay slips unless you ask for one. They figure that your pay doesn't change pay slips would all be the same anyway. It mays also be a regional thing. I'm in Beijing currently.
sid

Post by sid »

I've had it both ways, and can't say it really had anything to do with the quality of the school or my experience there. One school might as well not have bothered, the slips were so amateurish it made me feel worse than if I'd never gotten them. My current school gives such official ones I feel compelled to save them all, for what, I don't know.
triptix

Post by triptix »

Don't get payslips at my school. Before we were able to open a bank account we were paid in cash but just had to sign a receipt, Now it's paid directly into the bank account but still no payslips
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I can't remember a school I worked at where we didn't get a pay slip in our box even if the check was direct deposit to my bank in the UK. I would hate not knowing what they were doing to me. Interesting that some schools do not offer pay slips.
sitka

Post by sitka »

Every school I've taught at has given pay slips.
scoobysue

Post by scoobysue »

Thank you for your responses. I'm very uncomfortable with not getting payslips, but it seems it's not so unusual. I'm in an EU country, so it struck me as particularly odd. I'm happy enough to spend the money, payslip or not ;)
Kyudoka

Post by Kyudoka »

Yeah I have rarely ever gotten a payslip. Very uncommon at least in all the posts I have been in.