GEMS schools Dubai

Travelstar

Re: GEMS schools Dubai

Post by Travelstar »

Hello All,

Writing to find out some more information about the GEMS schools in Dubai. I have recently received an offer letter (not a contract) and would like some advise. Is everyone still having the same problems with housing? What about the contracts? I was told that even though I have received an offer letter, I will not receive the actual contract until I have been cleared by the government. Can anyone advise on this? Thanks so much!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moderator has locked this topic

Since this topic appeared in 2014 we have found it necessary to change our posting policy for the Open Forum. You can help us avoid conflicts with schools by not posting or asking for evaluation type comments to this forum.

We appreciate your participation in the ISR OPEN FORUM but clearly ask that you not post or request evaluation type information about schools, be it from a positive or negative perspective. You can see the details of our guidelines at the following URL

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... ?f=7&t=306

The MEMBER FORUM (located in the MEMBER area of the web site) is expressly for posting a request for evaluation type material about schools.

The MEMBER FORUM can be reached at the following link.

https://www.internationalschoolsreview. ... ers/forum/

You may request on this forum that someone post a review or comment on the MEMBER FORUM for you.

Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben @ ISR
PsyGuy

Moderation

Post by PsyGuy »

@Travelstar

School review and evaluation type posts are not permitted in the public forum. The member forum is the place to ask review/evaluation type posts.

Offer letters are a mixed issue. They are not a contract, the rule is only contracts matter, anything else is nothing more than intent. What can happen is the IS can claim that your visa/documentation was denied/rejected whether its true or not. Your IS can continue recruiting using you as a safety in case they dont find anyone better and if they do tell you that immigration denied/rejected you, and they are really sorry, nothing they can do, sorry good luck. Of course this also means that your still technically free to continue recruiting as well. If you get a better offer, you can tell them you are sorry but your spouse reconsidered, your gold fish died, or you have another offer. Of course they could make an issue of it with your agency that reps you, but the IS isnt making a deal, and you cant wait on what may or may not happen. As usual the IS has more power/influence than you do, and its the IS not you that the agency reps make their coin on.