Working as a Teacher's Assistant

neveah

Working as a Teacher's Assistant

Post by neveah »

I'm back again and I have another question!

I've been browsing through some websites and I've heard some interesting things. I've heard somone say that you can work as a teacher's assistant and make good money. I've also heard someone say you can work as a tutor and make good money. I've also heard someone say that you can work as an intern and make good money. Of course, you don't get paid as much as a teacher, but you get decent benefits and a decent salary. Can anyone confirm or deny these statements? If I can't get a job as a teacher, I want to apply those jobs. I'm sure that it will help me get my foot in the door, then I can teach at an international school.
wherenext

Post by wherenext »

i've never heard of a teacher assistant getting good hiring conditions (as in overseas hired package.) Salaries aren't that great, and for what I know, TAs are usually hired locally (they are either locals or expat unumployed spouse)
The best option for you, if you can't get into the whoooo jobs/schools, is to accept a first contract in a school that doesn't pay much or in a "difficult country". Once you're in a circuit, you're ok! (initial contracts are for 2 years only, it's worth it)
Good luck