A new girl with some questions

dawne

A new girl with some questions

Post by dawne »

Hi there!
I'm new to this forum and I've never worked for the
International Schools before. I have a Master's degree and more than 5 years experience in working with children, but only one year full time teaching experience. Can you please give me advice
about getting my first job there? Which school would be
suitable, who to contact etc. For start, location is not
that important for me. Thanks in advance, every suggestion
will be helpful;)
Last edited by dawne on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

There are great schools all over the world. One way to find out about them is to just start reading through this forum. Another way would be to join a recruiting firm like Search Associates or ISS. There are also great websites that post new openings at schools all over like TIE online. The aforementioned three resources cost money, but also give you great insight into the size of each school, the salary/package, etc. You can pay for the other side of this site to read anonymous reviews of schools as well.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I would click on the articles section of this web site. I have read some really good stuff about finding a job there. You might also check out the blog.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

dawne,

before I give a fuller answer, what is your teaching area? This would affect my answer.
dawne

Post by dawne »

Physical education
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

There are many PE jobs that go each year at fairs. However, most PE teachers specialize in one or two areas - ie Primary, Middle School or High School, or Elementary and Secondary.

Your best bet is to join TIEonline and apply to Search Associates as well. Even if the fairs are full, you can access their data base, which is great for finding out specific jobs using parameters you input TIEonline is a good secondary source.

Good luck!
dawne

Post by dawne »

Thanks! ;)