Top African schools to work at ?

Tom

Top African schools to work at ?

Post by Tom »

Which African schools have the better facilities and teacher packages ?

I can name one so far:

Lincoln International School (Ghana)
Bill

Post by Bill »

Yes, John Roberts is a good guy to work for.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I really can't say much about John Roberts.

But I visited the international school in Ghana and thought it was real nice.
The facilities and the classrooms were great.
Jekalo

Post by Jekalo »

AIS in Lagos is a great school to work at. The past few years they have had a disaster in the form of administration. The head, who has now been fired, almost destroyed the school and ran off a lot of good faculty members during her tenure. There is a fix in place for next year as a former head is returning to try and put things back on track. The pay is very good, benefits good and the country is getting better. It is a colorful and bizzar place to live and work and a great experience.
crazy Lagos

avoid Lagos....and Guinea and the Cameroon !

Post by crazy Lagos »

Are you kidding :?:
Lagos has been called a "concrete jungle" by its own President !
And believe me
this city is polluted, congested and corrupt to the max....
You can not travel around the city at night without being stopped by so-called military checkpoints that have corrupt soldiers demanding bribes......and the city is very popullated and disorganized.....Yuck !
....If you are considering
living in Lagos, I would certainly STRESS
that you do some research on the political and
economic situation over there....not to mention the stiffling weather.
:shock:
Other countries to AVOID :[/u]

Guinea (unstable regime, high corruption at all levels)
Cameroon (high crime in capital city against expats/Americans)

Jekalo wrote:AIS in Lagos is a great school to work at. The past few years they have had a disaster in the form of administration. The head, who has now been fired, almost destroyed the school and ran off a lot of good faculty members during her tenure. There is a fix in place for next year as a former head is returning to try and put things back on track. The pay is very good, benefits good and the country is getting better. It is a colorful and bizzar place to live and work and a great experience.
africa

Post by africa »

The International School of Kenya in Nairobi is my choice. It has great facilities, pays well and Nairobi and Kenya are fantastic.