Frankfurt international sch= FIS or ISF??

internationalfamily

Frankfurt international sch= FIS or ISF??

Post by internationalfamily »

Anyone can give me feedback on these 2 schools. They are both International, but with very different teaching methods. Isn't there an International school government body to dictate what they teach is the same? FIS is older but the cirriculum is very slack, while ISF is Sabis, and from what I hear, the kids work and the IGCSE results are very good. Which way then? :? :?
Brad

Sabis

Post by Brad »

I have interviewed with Sabis and they are very invasive in regards to the "lock-step" approach to teaching they use at their schools. I do not doubt they get results from their students but they also "expect" teachers to follow a somewhat unrealistic code in regards to smoking and ummmm.... drinkin'! Yes, both questions were part of their application and interview. My response was none of your business and thus ended the interview.

Just my opinion.

Post by Guest »

I have not heard good things about ISF; however, I have heard EXCELLENT things about FIS. They are very organized and teach a great curriculum.
beach

frankfurt

Post by beach »

Go with the MYP IB school if you want well educated and creative kids. Go with SABIS if you believe that test results are good and a 'lock step' curriculum is the go. The IB school has put a lot of effort into their curriculum and its a good school. :oops:

Post by Guest »

I have worked at FIS and must say it is the best International School I have worked in. Its just a pity its in Germany :lol:

The students achieve high IB results and are well rounded students. Great sporting opportunities exist in the Highschool and the students are lovely. You may think the curriclum is slack, but this is because it is not prescibed as teachers are actually developing and extending your children's knowledge as an individual and not just by what a textbook tells them to teach. Check out the IB website for further information on this curriculum.

So in my opinion, I would definitely stick to the IB, MYP and PYP curriclum. I had students move from ISF to FIS and these children were the most uncreative and boring students I have ever met. They couldn't think on their own as they were used to Day 1, page 1, day 2 page 2 of the text book etc. and I am talking about Pre-school children. I personally don't agree with the SABIS system and believe that education is about the WHOLE child not just the results they receive in one exam.

Its up to you though and what you believe is best for your children. Goodluck with your decision.