Working in Spain without E.U Papers

Working in Spain without E.U Papers

Post by Guest »

I have heard that it is extremely difficult to find a job teaching in Spain if you are not a member of the E.U. Is this true?

Post by Guest »

Yes, I would like to know this too. Can anyone help out with this? Is it possible to find legit work in Spain without an E.U passport?

Post by Guest »

Ok, I am also curious about this and wondering why no one is responding? Do any North Americans out there have experience teaching in SPain?

Post by Guest »

If you are an American, your best bet is to try working for an "American" international school in Spain. It is difficult to obtain work visas in some western European countries and therefore the schools would rather just hire EU citizens or those who already have the right to work legally in that country. However, "American" schools do in fact hire Americans and will go through all the work to help get the work visas for their teachers. I am not an expert, but this is what I think...at least in France and Italy.

Post by Guest »

Finally a reply. Thank you. I am Canadian. Don't know if that makes a difference????
Mick

Spain English teaching

Post by Mick »

I am presently teaching in Spain, and have been for 3 years, now.

It seems a bit difficult to get work at first, but there are academies that will hire you, and there is plenty of private work. You can advertise at the universities, on telephone poles, whatever. They call you, you set up a meeting, and tell them the price. You can meet in your house, their house, or in some cases, in a bar. People will pay you for just conversation, as long as you correct them enough, and look like you know what you are talking about.

Most of your time is spent in going from one place to another, and that will waste a lot of your time. That is where the academy comes in handy. Most of your classes are in one place, they do all the advertising, and arranging, and then pay you less and charge them more.