how long to wait after interview?

angelica1981

how long to wait after interview?

Post by angelica1981 »

I recently did a phone interview with a school in Japan. A few days after the interview, they emailed me to ask for my references, saying they wanted to make a decision within the next three days. Now it has been two and a half weeks, but they never called any of my references and I've heard nothing. I sent an email four days ago, but no reply.

Does this mean that they decided i'm a "no"? Do schools usually phone interview so many people that they don't have time to email everyone back to let them know that they will not be offered the job?

How long have you waited after an interview before hearing back with a "yes" or a "no"?
B&B

Post by B&B »

My husband and I still have no answer from a principal who interviewed us TWO MONTHS ago!

Straight after the interview (which seemed to go well) he very enthusiastically sent us the overseas hire package to look at and told us he would be in touch again after the February holidays. Within two weeks after those holidays he had received all our references (which I know were good) but had still not emailed us to say 'yay' or 'nay'.

So, I emailed him myself to ask where he was in the recruiting process. He said he would be able to let me know early the following week. Well, guess what? Again the following week we didn't hear from him. So, a few days before his Easter break I emailed one more time, offered one more referee's contact details, and asked about the outcome of the interview.

And we have still heard nothing! (not that we are waiting around, of course . . .)