Thank You ISR!

Micky

Post by Micky »

How about the More well know American schools ASK and AIS? I hear good and bad and recently a lot of bad? Also I hear race is an issue in Kuwait. I have a British friend with a black wife and he has been told by British Curriculum schools in Kuwait they could not hire him because his wife is black and while it is unfortunate Kuwait is racist? Know I some African American who worked or have worked at ASK or AIS and never heard such stories? I also hear Asians are ridiculed etc.. a friend in the country I live in who is British-Chinese , said her children were often ridiculed etc.. and this was in one of the better British schools in Kuwait! Are such things really true?

School in Kuwait

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,

I intend to move to Kuwait for a period of two years and I'm looking for feedback regarding schools there.

I'm very scared of choosing the right school for my children of 10 and 12 years old. Would you as teachers guide me in this matter? I don't want to send them to a money machine maker but to a school where not only academic values are taught but also develop a good heart. Both have been in good Catholics school here in Australia.

We've been overseas previously so they are used to British and American educational systems.

I'm looking for a school that provides a good overall educational support.

Hope you can all help

Rosa
Westcoast

What to avoid

Post by Westcoast »

Believe me, you can't possibly stay far enough away from KNES. :wink:

Where to study and not in Kuwait

Post by Guest »

Thank you Westcoast,

The information here clearly shows to avoid KNES, ACA but consider: The American Academy for girls, BSK and ASK.

HAs anyone have more insight information before I make my desicion?
Lifer

Post by Lifer »

Pay the small fee and join the International Schools Review. Read the many, many reviews about the many private schools in Kuwait and make an informed decision. All the schools in Kuwait are for profit. All of them are run by business people who don't always make educationally sound decisions. All of them have problems.
saam64

Post by saam64 »

I have been given an offer by A'Takamul International School and frankly I am a bit concerned by the reviews at ISR ... I have some specific questions ... would any one working there already or some one who is departing this year email me at saam64@hotmail.com ... your inputs will be of great value ... Thanks.