American School of Kuwait

Taylor

American School of Kuwait

Post by Taylor »

Hi all,

Can anybody provide information about what teaching at this school is like. I am looking for a HS position.
shadocg

Post by shadocg »

It is a school with a larger 30% - 40% foreign contigent. Good sports facilitites. Other facilities are older and falling apart compared to other schools. This is a for profit school, although all aspects of your contract will be honored and generally kids are ok to great. Acamically sound from what I hear.
puka2

Post by puka2 »

It was ok a few years ago. all q8 schools have turnover as everyones tolerance for the heat, culture, etc has limits. I had a lot of fun there.
Ask where the housing is located. A couple of years ago the owner got cheap and moved the housing away from the school quite a distance and offered a bus service. not so convienient! Traffic is heavy during the early morning commute and the driving is nuts. Great roads, cheap cars and gas is 50 cents a gallon so if you are already commuting it might not bother you.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

Haven't seen their new housing, but I know it is quite a commute to the school. The housing is supposedly quite nice though.