International School Ho Chi Minh City

cricket

International School Ho Chi Minh City

Post by cricket »

Does anyone have any experience with this school? I know it's proprietary but am wondering if that affects the quality of education. Is it a good place to work? Any information about the facilities, class size and/or the package?
beijing2003

Post by beijing2003 »

I remember looking at their website a couple of years ago and their package was on the site (it was a PDF or word file if I recall).

I worked with some teachers who were at the school in the early 2000s and they were happy there. It was certainly the best school to work at in HCMC. However, things can change.
Neptune

Wondering...

Post by Neptune »

I am wondering about this school. I've read the reviews which are very mixed. I am concerned about large numbers of esl students if there isn't the support. Also the workload and high accountability stated ont he website. When a school says high accountability, what does that mean, how much more than usual. i think most schools are already highly accountable, where else can you go? Also wondering about the daily life, shopping etc. for expats in Ho chi minh.
Thanks
doublejointeddonkey

Post by doublejointeddonkey »

I remember looking into this school a few months ago and the number of staff leaving was above 70%. My wife and I found it alarming.

Not sure if they have updated their vacancies during the recruiting season...the numbers on Search said enough for us to remove it from our list.

Maybe there is someone out there who has left ISHCMC or 'had a friend' (as there supposedly were quite a few)!?!
Neptune

Any word from Ho chi minh city staff? Why so many vacancies?

Post by Neptune »

I was wondering the same thing too. I have been following the school listing for a number on months and have noticed a huge number of vacancies. I am wondering about the admin, structure, life or if they opened a new school and thats why they need so much staff? I would love to hear from someone from the school to find out what is going on!!!!