International school PRague or Honk Kong Intl. School info?

Neptune

International school PRague or Honk Kong Intl. School info?

Post by Neptune »

:shock:
Hi there,
Wondering if anyone has recent experience at either one of these schools. If so please send me your thoughts, experiences and info.
Thanks
\Neptune!
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

All I know is that Prague had a looooooong line of people at the job fair I was at. It has a suprisingly good package for a European school. Don't know much of the inner workings but John Mikton the head of I.T. there is one of the leaders in the ECIS I.T. committee and is doing some good stuff there I.T. wise.
I'm working in HK at the moment and HKIS is highly thought of in the school circles and they have great salary scale and even better accomodation allowance (from what I hear around 3000USD a month) but I don't know anybody working there. Yet!
Last edited by seinfeld on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albymangels

both quality

Post by albymangels »

They are both quality schools with mostly good reputations and strong packages. You need to ask yourself if you prefer a medium-sized school (Prague) or a large school (HKIS)? Also, do you prefer Europe or Asia? Can't go wrong either way in my opinion.
Mike

Post by Mike »

What about the smog in HK? Prague is a great city, lots of tourists now, cheap beer.
Neptune

Great thoughts!

Post by Neptune »

Thank you everyone for your input! It is so hard to figure out what is what based on what a website says, newspaper articles and a few reviews. I would much rather get opinions and experiences from others.
Thank you again!
beijing2003

Post by beijing2003 »

Do your research on HKIS - not that you are not actually trying to do that now;)

My concern with HKIS is that they have a really large number of vacancies - hence, turnover is high as their enrolments are pretty stable (the school is full). Also, some of the recent reviews on ISR are pretty negative.

If you are actually considering an offer from there, PM me. An ex-colleague of mine started at HKIS last year. I can send him an email asking for his point of view.