What should I be asking the recruiters during interviews?

Neptune

What should I be asking the recruiters during interviews?

Post by Neptune »

Ok,
I have read that I should be taking notes during the interview. I will be interviewing with my husband so I am sure one of the two of us can do that. What should I be asking the recruiters? I don't know what would be prudent to ask other than the details and specifics of contract should one show up. Is there anything that you'd advise to ask? I don't know how much or what I should be asking.
Thanks Neptune :?:
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

What's important to you? For me, the deal breaker on several promising prospects was having to share housing. Another was a health insurance plan that didn't cover pre-existing conditions. If you think you're getting to the stage where it looks promising, start asking about the things that really matter to you. Until then, ask questions that show you've done your research about the school; ask specific questions about curriculum, professional growth, etc.
shansar

Post by shansar »

I am sure you will get plenty of good questions and ideas from this board.
One thing I would be sure to do before signing anything is make sure to ask if you can have some contact #s or email addresses of the teachers that are currently teaching at the school you are looking at. Obviously this is probably going to occur in the follow up interview but I would make sure to ask about it. You can get a good feel for the school from talking to the teachers that are there. Just my opinion and was a deal breaker for us.
Goodluck!
Neptune

2 interviews?

Post by Neptune »

Hi there,
That is a really good thought. I would definately want to be able to talk with a teacher at the school I would feel more comfortable and confident. I have heard though that they want very fast decisions, as in 2 days or less. Is this the case? Also should we expect 2 interviews by the schools. Will they have contacted our references before we get to the fair already? Not sure how this works.
Thanks,
Neptune
shansar

Post by shansar »

My principal at the time was getting contacted during the Fair. In our experience some schools were doing it after our first interview. One of the schools had figured that we were a good match for the spots they had open and actually contacted our references before the Fair.
It is definitely a roller coaster of a time!

:)
Neptune

Refs now?

Post by Neptune »

I was asked to bring current refs to the fair and by a school. Normal?
beijing2003

Post by beijing2003 »

Yes, that is normal. The school may want to give your referees a call during the fair, so make sure you have weekend numbers for your referees and they know that someone might try to contact them.