When will the contact start?

Neptune

When will the contact start?

Post by Neptune »

:shock:
My husband and I are teachers. We've done the joy job thing, have the website, sent the contact emails saying what fair we're at, we're keeping up the contacts etc. I'm feeling anxious about the process. We're overseas now and will be moving to a new position (hopefully) at the end of this school year. Should I be just relaxing now or preparing and more agressive with my contacts? I don't know if I'm missing the boat or if this is just the calm before the storm. Any thoughts, caveats, suggestions?
Nep
doublejointeddonkey

Changing schools

Post by doublejointeddonkey »

The hardest thing about international teaching is that you have to quit one job in order to get another...I would say that it is a risk and normal to feel anxious until you land a job.

I'm going through the recruitment process with Search and not sure what to expect after teaching state side for the last eight years?? With rumors that schools are hiring before the fairs even happen, I'm feeling quite rejected.

I remember back in the day...there was talk of making a portfolio at the time so I did that...not one of the 10 interviewers even looked at it. They looked at my resume. I have done some hiring for teaching positions and it was my biggest resource...even though I wanted the applicants to jump all the other hurdles (websites, on-line applications...)

I have a feeling that if your friend is working (probably an administrator) at the school you want and there is an opening that matches, you are recruited before the fair.

But I could be wrong...and the only offers I'll get are from profit schools with crappy packages in dangerous locales.