Late Season Recruiting

Conant

Late Season Recruiting

Post by Conant »

We’ve had a few issues arise recently that will likely preclude us from participating in the winter recruitment fair season. We hope/believe the issue should be resolved by March/April/May. Clearly this is a huge disadvantage, but we’d rather know the problem is resolved before taking jobs we may need to decline later. I know there are still a number of jobs offered after the primary recruitment season ends and a friend told me he and his wife were getting good offers through the summer and right up through the end of August. But certainly options will be limited. I know Search and maybe others have a fair in last spring/early summer for tough-to-fill jobs or late openings. Anyone have experience, or general thoughts on late season recruiting? At this point, I’m trying to balance hope with realism.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

UNI published a late-season list of openings in the spring, some weeks or maybe months after its fair. There was a surprising number of openings, some that weren't filled at the fair, and some that had apparently opened up later.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

tieonline.com always has a ton of jobs listed in July and August. So I wouldn't worry too much.