AIS Bangladesh & AIS Chennai

witness

AIS Bangladesh & AIS Chennai

Post by witness »

I have read the reviews for both of these schools. I was wondering if there are any updates on them.

The comments on the Bangladesh school's former administration and superintendent are scathing. How is the current director, Walter Plotkin? The school's website is very informative and it looks like a solid school that is very diverse in student population. Both India and Bangladesh seem like they would be tough places to live, but the packages seem really good. Is the savings potential very good? We have two young children and my concern would be about medical care as well.

Any feedback on what it is currently like there would be helpful. Thanks.
jesatlarge

Post by jesatlarge »

I worked at AIS Chennai for two years several years ago. Package was strong, but not a top paying school. Excellent saving potential of 50 % or more. India great for travelling, but often hard to live in. School is nce physically and the work environment was professional and not too stressful. Director Barry Clough has his share of detractors on this site, but though he is tough and sometimes bull headed, most teachers are able to work with him without undueproblems. And he has built a good school. You can email me at jesatlarge@yahoo.com if you want more.
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

Personally I think Dhaka is better, at least in some ways. Most probably have little problem with the school now and the package is great. There are always the few who complain and the country is a bit difficult but it actually grows on you. I'm on my fourth year and plan on at least two more. Many who leave complain about their benefits being less but having more pleasant outside activities.