Arizona vs Moreland

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Alchemeister

No, you can have earned the experience prior to obtaining a credential, and the experience can have been obtained anywhere, even outside the region of your credential. It just has to be KS/K12 experience. The TRA/TCL will look more closely at experience prior to being credentialed, but they have accepted experience from those who were working on the "unqualified teachers pay scale", these were DTs working in the UK though. At worse though they will say you have to wait and resubmit.
You only need 9 months to have obtain partial (ECT) QTS. Its 20 months to obtain full QTS without the requirement for Induction.
What you want to avoid

MO doesnt have full reciprocity in the way youre thinking. Its not a have a credential and you get a Career Professional credential (Advanced grade) which is the 99 year credential. Youll end up getting the Initial Professional credential (Entry grade) and you wont be able to transition it to the Career Professional credential without teaching in MO. The Initial Professional credential is only a 4 year credential which you would need to extend with PD. Youre going to have to renew the MS credential in 5 years and the AZ credential in 12. The goal of QTS is to park your credential in the UK so that you 1) Dont have to do PD. 2) Not lose your MS credential during an audit.
Alchemeister

Re: Arizona vs Moreland

Post by Alchemeister »

@psyguy

I'm surprised to hear I can use experience before getting my credential because the QTS application forms seemed to specifically state otherwise. Anyway, I applied so I guess I'll know the answer soon enough.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Alchemeister

Im interested in finding out myself. The past reports were all from insiders in the UK. It will be interesting to hear what an outsiders results are.
Alchemeister

Re: Arizona vs Moreland

Post by Alchemeister »

@psyguy

As expected, my application was declined and I was told my experience needed to be after being credentialed in order to get a QTS. So I’m just going to wait the 20 months to transfer and get my full QTS.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Interesting, where the experience or the candidates location when applying appears to make a difference.