PGCE - Tes - Is it any good?

Thailandfunny

PGCE - Tes - Is it any good?

Post by Thailandfunny »

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with UEL in terms of getting a iPGCE. I hear both good and bad things about the school but decent things about the program. It is done through Tes.com.

https://www.tes.com/institute/ipgce

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments very much so, if you could please let me know I would greatly appreciate it! Your experience could save me thousands.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a TES Institute Program, UEL is the partner, about all UEL does is inscribe the certificate and substantiate the academic record.

Its a good program, there are better, and there are worse. In general its less coin than average. The major benefit is that it provides an advantage if you pursue their (TES) AO pathway to QTS (about £3K).
gigentil

Re: PGCE - Tes - Is it any good?

Post by gigentil »

Hello,

I'm also investigating the PGCEi at TES/UEL. Have you found more information about the program?

Thank you
popgirl

Post by popgirl »

[quote=Thailandfunny post_id=63627 time=1675786933 user_id=272321]
I would appreciate your thoughts and comments very much so,
[/quote]

It looks better than the Nottingham Uni version, and very similar to the Sunderland Uni one.

I wonder what the HK extra module is? It nearly doubles the cost of the program. If it helps meet HK requirements for teacher registration, it might be worth doing.

I found this comment quite telling: "It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead."
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@popgirl

The TES PGCEi program consist of only two modules, one module over each of two academic terms. One is a research (methodology) module the other is a content specific pedagogy module. Thats the core program. The third module for the HK program meets the requirements for RT status (Standard grade credential), Its a field experience component that additionally explores assessment in greater depth and detail.

The costs are on par with each individual course. The two module core program is £3600 which divided individually is £1800 per module. The difference between the core program at £3600 and the HK program at £5600 makes that third module £2000 which is only £200 more than the core programs individual module cost.

That statement is actually very transparent, the PGCEi isnt a credential, it doesnt lead to QTS its a piece of paper indicating completion of a 1 year Masters course of study. They cant promise or offer any guarantee or assurance it will be worth anything.
popgirl

Re: Reply

Post by popgirl »

PsyGuy wrote:
They cant promise or offer any guarantee or
> assurance it will be worth anything.

Quite
Stogrortered

Post by Stogrortered »

popgirl wrote:
> PsyGuy wrote:
> They cant promise or offer any guarantee or
> > assurance it will be worth anything.
>
>
> Quite
:))
Stogrortered

Post by Stogrortered »

Stogrortered wrote:
> popgirl wrote:
> > PsyGuy wrote:
> > They cant promise or offer any guarantee or
> > > assurance it will be worth anything https://tiny-fishing.com

> >
> >
> > Quite
> :))
Any updates?
sarahlly

Post by sarahlly »

Thailandfunny wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am wondering if anyone has any experience with UEL in terms of getting a
> iPGCE. I hear both good and bad things about the school but decent things
> about the program. It is done through Tes.com.
>
> https://www.tes.com/institute/ipgce https://bobtherobber.io
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts and comments very much so, if you could
> please let me know I would greatly appreciate it! Your experience could
> save me thousands.
I found it quite complete. But nothing new has been updated yet. We need to watch closely.