Non-personalized message = Not interested?

Ntmya5

Non-personalized message = Not interested?

Post by Ntmya5 »

Hi all,

A school I am interested in has its own recruiting fair happening on campus. I registered my interest via their Google form on Friday and I got an email Monday afternoon from their Recruiting Manager saying they got my application and it has been forwarded to the principal for next step review. And that since I am overseas, if I am shortlisted, he would be reaching out for a Zoom interview a few days before the actual fair.

However, the email was not addressed to me personally (just "Dear Applicant") and I saw that I was bcc'd.

Does this mean they are not interested?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

That sounds very positive actually. The BCC likely indicates the application was sent to the leader doing the recruiting for the position and the lack of individualization and other indicators strongly suggest that the message originated with a drone in HR who just utilized a template/form response.
If you dont get a followup within a week or so, thats likely to strongly be indicative of a lack of interest from the recruiter/leader.
Ntmya5

Re: Non-personalized message = Not interested?

Post by Ntmya5 »

Hey Psyguy, Thanks again for your insight!

Also, if I may ask...I've always wondered...are you a teacher? admin? search associate?
secondplace

Re: Non-personalized message = Not interested?

Post by secondplace »

Wizard?

Pixie?

Warlord?

Foot soldier?

Unicorn?