New intl School in Muscat

Opal

New intl School in Muscat

Post by Opal »

A new school run by 'Edugates' is apparently coming up in muscat, in madinat alam area.

It follows the follows the EDUGATES® International Systems.

What organisation is Edugates? Are their schools any good?

We do not want to send our children to the British School and that narrows our choice to ABA and TAISM.

We heard some negative stories about TAISM both from a ex-staff member and the reviews seem to indicate the school is more about preserving external impressions than actually serving the student community.

Apparently the school was created in a fit of pique when a group separated from ABA and branched off.

About ABA I hear their facilties are notwhere near as good as TAISM.

However it appears from those I have spoken to that their teachers are very good.

TAISM apparently has a higher rate of attrition than ABA.

We are quite confused!

I guess people are what make a school great so I would trade in better facilities for better teachers.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Sorry, I have no clue about Edugates.

I do know that ABA ranks high academically, is stable and the teachers are excellent. They are well compensated and have outstanding benefits. The teachers are happy to be at the school and it is apparent. There is little-to-no teacher turnover with the exception of when new classes have been added. One can rest assured that the student is their #1 priority.

Although the school buildings are not new, in my humble opinion, I can see nothing terribly objectionable. The students do have to walk outside to change buildings. A new high school is now under construction; "expected" to be finished in February '09. This should open up more classroom space as unfortunately there are waiting lists for most grade levels at the present time. This was the information when school closed in mid-June.

It would be worth your while to check directly with the school about grade levels of your child/children and the status of classroom space for them.

Good Luck Opal !!!
Opal

Post by Opal »

A new school thats offers day care (!) and early childhood up to Kindergarten has opened. More info at tlcoman.com

It planned to make this into a IB school.

Its being promoted as the first project in the field of education by a lady from the royal family. Not sure if that is an advantage! SHeikha Moza, first lady of Qatar is actively involved in education and schools that come under her patronage generally do well.