Principal Salary - Dubai

jack4397

Principal Salary - Dubai

Post by jack4397 »

Hi All,

I'm currently a head of primary and looking to make my next move into a principal/headteacher position.

Can anyone advise what the ballpark figure for a headteacher's salary would look like at a British school in Dubai?

Many Thanks
fine dude

Re: Principal Salary - Dubai

Post by fine dude »

100 - 200K GBP per annum depending on the school size, responsibilities, your credentials, and experience. As per the new UAE labor law, the contract length can't exceed 3 years.
jack4397

Post by jack4397 »

thanks
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

About £70K-£220K/yr plus package comp depending on a number of variables. Unlike ITs there is a lot more room for negotiation especially in the package for executive leadership.
sid

Post by sid »

Salaries have been going down overall, and a ton of lesser schools have opened up in the ME in the last decade. I've seen HOS salaries as low as 50,000 euros. Wouldn't be much fun, I reckon, but getting the title and experience would be worth it for some I suppose.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@Sid

That is pitifully low, though I have not heard or seen it directly I dont doubt it, as there are other regions (JP being one of them) where I has seen executive leadership roles barely above IT salaries. Most of these are really small ISs that often are EC ISs. I concur that for some its worth it, since breaking into leadership can be and often is the most difficult part of an early leader career.