Looking for virtual exchange participants

FabFour

Looking for virtual exchange participants

Post by FabFour »

My students (here in the US) are doing a virtual exchange. Basically, they're making a "day in the life of an American teenager" video, and they want to find kids around the world to send back their versions. I am hoping to have a finished video to send out by next week, and all videos have to be exchanged by the end of November. We've gotten one from Tanzania, and my students are enthralled!

If you are interested (or have a teacher in your school who would be), please PM me and I'll give you my email address. It's easy enough to do without outing your identity.

One thing you can offer students as an incentive is that they can use this on their college applications. I give them full permission to take credit for the idea.

Thanks in advance!
Coimbra

Re: Looking for virtual exchange participants

Post by Coimbra »

I know a teacher at my school I think will be be interested, but I am unable to send you a PM because we are on the free forum.
FabFour

Post by FabFour »

Ahh, thank you-- I've created a separate email for this project. Send to virtualexchangeproject2022@gmail.com. Thanks!
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

PMs for this board are disabled.
In the future you can access your User Control panel and add an email address or other contact information under the profile tab in one of the free text entry boxes. You can then edit this information including removing it as your needs change.
Coimbra

Post by Coimbra »

FabFour wrote:
> Ahh, thank you-- I've created a separate email for this project. Send to
> virtualexchangeproject2022@gmail.com. Thanks!

Thanks. I have also sent it to some teacher friends from past schools.
FabFour

Post by FabFour »

Hi all! My students have finished their contribution to this project. It's a 5-min video. The instructions for participation are in the description under the video. I hope it's okay to post this here. It "outs" my location, even though I'm not in it at all. I'll take that risk since I have no plans to post anything controversial.

I'm hoping to have all videos uploaded by December, and I have a participant who would like to do a separate series of videos showing how we all celebrate holidays. Without further ado... Enjoy!

A Day in the Life: https://youtu.be/TSfsRVAgmi4