IGCSE Introductory Courses

limitless_te

IGCSE Introductory Courses

Post by limitless_te »

Hi,

So I booked an online Introductory course in Business Studies for IGCSE certificate that is happening from Oct to Nov this year. There's another subject that I'm interested in getting the same certificate in, but it's happening at the same time. There are few questions I'd like to ask:

- Would taking 2 courses at the same time be too much? Has anyone ever been able to manage this?

- I heard that I can do my own tasks at my own time (within a limited timeline, ofc). Would it be okay if on the day the course is running, I just join the Zoom room and leave it be so that I can watch the recordings and finish my task at night? I work full time so I won't be able to actually attend the class.

- I also heard that all introductory courses, regardless of the subject, have almost the same content. Is it true? If so, would I be able to use the task I complete in one subject to submit in the other? (not intending to submit other people's works. It's my work but use in 2 subjects, if that makes sense).

Thank you for your help.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

In direct reply to your inquiries:

1) I dont know what kind of student you are but the work is 80% passive and all total amount to less than 5 hours a week per course. I would think any IT/DT could handle two courses in the same subject cluster.

2) You could do that. There are even bots you can install that will simulate participation.

3) Its not all the same content, the schemes of work and the reading list etc, are of course different but the presentation, format and interaction in the course tends to have a lot of congruence even among subjects that are very distinct from one another. They are meds/peds/asst courses more than subject matter content courses.
limitless_te

Re: IGCSE Introductory Courses

Post by limitless_te »

Thank you very much :)