Travel insurance recommendations?

TeachnTravel

Travel insurance recommendations?

Post by TeachnTravel »

Any recs on travel insurance for accident, health, theft? This would be for a Canadian not travelling with any family. My school insurance doesn't cover me when I'm out of the country for anything.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I like World Nomads. I tend to backpack during my holidays so my priorities tend to be more about accessibility wherever I am and focus more on the moving around and travel aspects rather than things like health and medical coverage, or expatriation or evacuation types of issues.

https://www.worldnomads.com/ca-en/
TeachnTravel

Re: Travel insurance recommendations?

Post by TeachnTravel »

I went with World Nomads and am presently sick. Not a huge amount. I also spoke with them over the phone. But now I've checked online reviews and even Better Business Bureau reviews for World Nomads and it doesn't look good for getting reimbursed in a timely manner if at all. :( I'll post updates.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@TeachnTravel

Is there such a thing as an insurance company everyone has and will be happy with? There are claims that get denied and some claims that take longer to pay than others.

The BBB tends to be more of a club than a quality assurance organization. Companies with bad reviews that join tend to get their bad reviews removed.

I've only had three claims with World Nomads in the past, only one medical claim, it was a minor hospital visit that was several hundred USD. The bill was less than my policy limit and the claim took a little more than three months to be paid.