Cost of Living in Bahrain?

Peaches

Cost of Living in Bahrain?

Post by Peaches »

I'm considering moving to Baharain but am concerned about the salary offered and my ability to take care of financial obligations at home.
Please respond if you taught (or are teaching) in Bahrain in the last three (3) years to give me some idea what may be a reasonable salary for a teacher. What is the general salary range for overseas hires? What would be my biggest expense? Are there opportunities to tutor to make extra income?
I value your input.
fran

Life in Bahrain

Post by fran »

You ought to read the reviews on the site. There is lots of information on this school. I was just reading it so I thought I would pass this on to you.
Peaches

Re: Cost of Living in Bahrain?

Post by Peaches »

[quote="Peaches"]I'm considering moving to Baharain but am concerned about the salary offered and my ability to take care of financial obligations at home.
Please respond if you taught (or are teaching) in Bahrain in the last three (3) years to give me some idea what may be a reasonable salary for a teacher. What is the general salary range for overseas hires? What would be my biggest expense? Are there opportunities to tutor to make extra income?
I value your input.[/quote]
Thanks Fran. The online information is fine. I'm also concerned with specifics, such as tutoring, to supplement my income.