UWCSEA Workload with young kids?

PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Ive seen the 'younger' demographic being prevalent in the primary division, but thats not unique in this case many ISs have a tendency to hire younger for their primary division.

I know plenty of ITs who love working there because theyre working there. It is the rare IT who is not working there that has a positive position about the workload.
For every IT I know who loves the place theres one that says "theres no work, life balance", another saying "the workload is immense", and another saying "working there is a crusade in commitment".

The vast majority of agency IS demographics are inaccurate, Im more surprised when I hear of one thats spot on then one that isnt accurate. They are all self report, and there is no review of what ISs report or how often they update.
The package isnt higher than posted, its that the agency data is outdated and never represented a complete package anyway.
They will give you the official compensation as a new hire. There is extra coin in the form of TLR and XC duties that can bump the coin a bit, and what counts as a step can be discretionary (an IT did a Coursera certificate and got an extra step), but there arent secret or closed comp scales.

They use to have a gratuity at 20% and then they changed to a 13th month (essentially reducing the bonus) but this was pre-COVID.
teachingoverseas16

Re: UWCSEA Workload with young kids?

Post by teachingoverseas16 »

Heliotrope wrote:
> I know a few people working at UWCSEA, and all them enjoy working there.
> They do indeed work hard though (some of them harder than they have to
> because they just can help themselves), although not 12 hour work days.
>
> Not sure if I'm correct, but it does seem the salary at UWCSEA has dropped
> a bit, or maybe the other two of the top 3 schools there have just
> increased theirs significantly, leading to a bigger gap.

The salary posted on Search has increased recently and is now higher than what SAS has posted.