Affordable Housing Prices

fine dude

Affordable Housing Prices

Post by fine dude »

Happy New Year all. For those planning to purchase property, which cities offer affordable prices (200-250K USD) for a 1- or 2-bedroom condominium or apartment not far from downtown? I'm sure Singapore and Hong Kong are out of question. Thank you.
sid

Re: Affordable Housing Prices

Post by sid »

Most cities in the “other” Europe, including EU member states. The Baltics, the Stans…. Most of Latin America. Much of Africa. Many cities in Asia.
Leave out North America and the most popular EU cities, and you’re still looking at most of the world.
Beg-1

Post by Beg-1 »

sid wrote:
> Most cities in the “other” Europe, including EU member states. The Baltics,
> the Stans…. Most of Latin America. Much of Africa. Many cities in Asia.
> Leave out North America and the most popular EU cities, and you’re still
> looking at most of the world.

Good points, but coming from someone that has lived around, and have wanted to buy for days, you have to be careful about the legal system and real estate norms of where you buy. I've heard firsthand stories of "lost" titles for expats, gangsters taking over a home, and lots of rules in different countries barring or limiting expat rentals (with due cause for the most part).

All told, you may have to pay more of a premium to find a secure situation. However Mexico can be a good choice, Pnomh Penh, Georgia....I think the standard for a good deal is around1,000 per square meter....
JustinBlack

Post by JustinBlack »

Affordable Housing can help equalise the rental and buying market costs and promotes better quality and standard of living, ensuring that people from all economic standings can buy or rent a property at a reasonable and affordable price.