Future Bilingual School Kuwait

carpaccio

Future Bilingual School Kuwait

Post by carpaccio »

I have been offered a job at Future Bilingual School in Kuwait to teach Art. I have been offered 500 Kuwait dollars/month plus shared accommodation. Any words of encouragement or discouragement? I am a Canadian female.
10/6

Future Bilingual School, Kuwait

Post by 10/6 »

Dear Carpaccio

I have worked at this school.

It was the most terrible teaching experience of my life.

The amount they promise to pay you, the conditions of service and teaching position may not be honoured. (this was my experience) Once I got there, my salary changed, my housing changed and I did not teach the subject, nor the age level agreed upon.

Management is corrupt and teaching is painstaking and fraught with trauma brought about by the latest managment decisions. I managed to complete my contract, after visits and consultations with the Kuwaiti Court, but many were not so fortunate. Some contracts were terminated summarily according to the wishes of management.

I say BEWARE!

[color=red]Also read the ISR advisory mentioning this school.[/color]
carpaccio

Post by carpaccio »

Thank you so much for the warning. I decided not to take the position in Kuwait. My decision was primarily based on things I read on this and other teachers' forums, and on what happened to Katherine Philips.
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
interested

Re: Future Bilingual School Kuwait

Post by interested »

[quote="carpaccio"]I have been offered a job at Future Bilingual School in Kuwait to teach Art. I have been offered 500 Kuwait dollars/month plus shared accommodation. Any words of encouragement or discouragement? I am a Canadian female.[/quote]

500 KD is a not an offer that should be considered. Most schools start at 700 KD with single housing and other benefits.

Be careful.