new EF (Education First) school in Pasadena, CA - would love info!

Waverley

new EF (Education First) school in Pasadena, CA - would love info!

Post by Waverley »

There is a new EF (Education First) international boarding school being built in the town I already teach in, in Pasadena, CA. They open next Fall. On the Careers section of the EF webpage, they do not list the Pasadena school yet. But I am very interested! Does anyone know what is the best way to reach out to them to inquire about positions for next year? Also, I'm curious about teaching at an international boarding school in your home state. Are salaries generally more than what is paid locally? less? about the same? Maybe I'm just dreaming, but how awesome would it be to teach in my hometown, get an awesome salary, have new facilities and -- great for me -- a new performing arts complex, and live on campus [for free]??
buffalofan

Re: new EF (Education First) school in Pasadena, CA - would love info!

Post by buffalofan »

With the housing costs in that area being what they are, free housing may be worth the same as your salary there...
sid

Re: new EF (Education First) school in Pasadena, CA - would love info!

Post by sid »

Salaries in US private schools are often lower than in public schools.
As for free housing, it’ll require living with the students and significant interaction with them in the evenings. Worth it for some, but it’s not for me.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I concur with previous contributors, private/independent DSs tend to pay less than public/maintained DSs but the housing benefit could easily be worth your salary alone. Boarding responsibilities though will likely mean youre never really 'off'.