Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Spawnboy99

Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Post by Spawnboy99 »

Hi,

Hearing mixed things including from recruiters, are there any countries that you are aware of that is not accepting Teachers with a wife and children. Understand China is one country but on job advertisements, some aren't saying this in their job advertisement and a lot arent. Things are a concern as membership sites could be expiring, and thinking directly emailing schools that are advertising or even calling them to see if this is the case.
Ladida

Re: Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Post by Ladida »

I don't know if I would necessarily lump in countries with schools. True, China is a bit hard right now but there have been cases of dependents getting in. But largely that was because the school fought for it.

Search has information on schools where it tells you how many children they take with a single versus a teaching couple. That might be a good place to start.
Spawnboy99

Post by Spawnboy99 »

Thanks, I'm not with SA but with ISS and Schrole. I can easily get that information though

I just heard Thailand isn't accepting teachers with families this is coming from a recruiter.
Ladida

Post by Ladida »

Hmm, I have children and have applied to a few Thai schools but there's nothing about Thailand not taking families as far as I know. My Search agent has told me about issues with China but not any other countries.
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

I think if the school has enough guangxi then they can get dependants in, but I think in Beijing it's pretty much no dependants - even schools who have managed miracles in the past aren't getting those visas.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Ive heard a number of countries including Thailand but mostly China that arent able or wont obtain or try to obtain visas for dependents.
Spawnboy99

Re: Response

Post by Spawnboy99 »

PsyGuy wrote:
> Ive heard a number of countries including Thailand but mostly China that
> arent able or wont obtain or try to obtain visas for dependents.

That's interesting I reached out to HR in Thailand and they confirmed with me yesterday that they are accepting applications from teachers with families. I also spoke to somebody working at a school there and he also asked his HR team that said the same thing. Interesting how people are hearing different information crazy making it hard to target a particular location with the misinformation.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Spawnboy99

Applications dont mean anything. There were numerous ISs last year that hired ITs with families and then said sorry we cant get visas for them when it was the middle of summer and the choice was then travel by themselves or not have a job.
Illiane_Blues

Re: Reply

Post by Illiane_Blues »

I know a school in Thailand that flew in a teacher and his family about a week ago.
Maybe some schools just have the right connections or maybe all schools can do this. I would ask around on a Thailand expat subReddit if you want to get more up-to-date information.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Nothing surprises me anymore, but one family sounds more like one ISs with the political currency making something happen.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

Yes, foreign workers are allowed to bring their spouse and children below 20 years old into Thailand, with proof of relationship (marriage certificate / birth certificate).
Philzim

Post by Philzim »

We brought teachers with families into Thailand last year with no problems, and we expect to do the same again this year. Thailand is a very pro-family culture.