Schools that dont post package etc

Spawnboy99

Schools that dont post package etc

Post by Spawnboy99 »

Is it a trend that schools that don't post a salary scale and what your benefits on their site are generally shady?

I have had two interviews with the same company and both times I asked about the salary expectation and benefits. Sending documents and updating HR application forms etc, only to be given a contract and omg the package is shit. What a waste of time for everyone.
sid

Re: Schools that dont post package etc

Post by sid »

I wouldn't say it's a trend. Few schools, in my experience, are so transparent that they post full details. You may or may not get info about benefits, and you very rarely get anything tangible about salary.
Cailin

Post by Cailin »

None of my jobs had the salary etc posted on the website. I was told at interview when I was offered the job.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

There are two types of comp and salary scales, opened and closed. Opened are published scales, and closer are private. There are many reasons an IS chooses a closed scale, and yes sometimes that reason (not uncommon actually) is so that the IS can negotiate a lower salary than what they have budgeted for the position which may differ between ITs with equivalent or similar resumes. Usually, ISs with open scales are in the first tier and typically the reigning elite IS or one of its contenders. In those cases its a brag for them. There rarely is any benefit to the IS to publish. The majority of the time even ISs that arent engaged in anything shady used closed comp and salary scales, they want the option to pitch the benefits of their IS with factors that dont work to their advantage in print.
Illiane_Blues

Post by Illiane_Blues »

It's a very small percentage of schools that publish their pay scale and all of these pay really well.