Schrole recruitment events

Spawnboy99

Schrole recruitment events

Post by Spawnboy99 »

Yes that's right they are starting up soon, whats was people experience with them last time, from what I remember a complete waste of time. Did anyone else share the same view or did anyone have a positive experience? Just with the time zone difference thinking will this be another waste of time.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Absolute waste of time.
supersloth100

Re: Schrole recruitment events

Post by supersloth100 »

My husband and I both got jobs through Schole fairs. Go in with a strategy and make the most of your time. I found it better than emailing your resume into the abyss and hoping it gets noticed. The fair allows you to be proactive and potentially connect with a school.

1) Create a 2-3 sentence headline of your qualifications. Something that will grab a recruiter’s attention. Bonus points if you can make it specific to each school. Post it in as many spots as you can. Both publicly and in private chats with the school. Don’t post an entire summary of your resume. It will get lost in the noise. Some candidates even created short videos.

2) Figure out when your desired schools will be at the online fair. Then find out the schedule of each school staffer. For example, the primary principal may only be online for a couple of hours of a chosen day.

3) Be dressed and ready for an interview for the entire duration of the fair. A school may ask for a 5 minute initial video interview at any point during the fair with very little notice.

4) Be prepared for lots of downtime. You’ll find yourself logged in checking often for action at your desired school.

5) You may not get an interview and it may not feel productive. But, it could also provide a connection that leads to a full interview down the road. Either way, it’s one possibility of landing a job.

Yes, the fair could have been better organized, but it is what it is. I don’t think it’s a waste of your time. Finding a job is rough and stressful and any path that could potentially lead to a job is worthwhile.