PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

I wouldnt know.
Cooldude

Re: Covid and Breaking New Contract

Post by Cooldude »

Do what is in your best interest. Covid in all its variations is serious and some countries do not have the vaccines or medical facilities for dealing with it. I just turned down a job in Malawi for this reason. No job is worth my health or life. Covid is going to be a real threat for the next 2-3 years and kids are serious carriers. Don't take a job without international medical coverage or in a country without international standard medical care right now. Contracts are rescinded all the time on both sides. That's life.
angelica1981

Post by angelica1981 »

Don't do it. Stay safe. I know a former colleague who was suffering from long Covid for many months and just learned she has heart damage from the .. This is a young-ish woman who used to be healthy. It just isn't worth it. If you get the ., you will probably be OK, but then again you might be permanently affected, and no new school is going to support you or pay for health insurance if that happens. This is not a time to take risks.
bish180b

Post by bish180b »

Tough one.

I'm leaving a Covid free zone to go to a place where Covid is rampant. Had the vaccine.

It is a school I've always had my sights on and never been successful before...so it's a good opportunity.

I'll roll the dice.

Hopefully this will all be done in a year or two.
Spawnboy99

Post by Spawnboy99 »

Hi All,

The Director was honest and to my surprise handled it very well, the doors remain open and we will review things towards the end of the year. Think they also would struggle to find someone and the length of time it is now taking to process the paperwork can be over 5-6 mths that's how slow things are now taking.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Spawnboy99

Youre very fortunate if their reaction wasnt all just for show and they absorb any and all costs. There is far less paperwork if they can procure a LH.