2021 summer in China

waynedriley

2021 summer in China

Post by waynedriley »

Hello All, this is purely selfish, many in China will be staying in China this summer, some for the second summer. I am hearing that schools are planning trips or giving summer stipends for staying to hel-mit be a bit more pleasant. I am curious to hear about what schools are specifically doing? Anyone one help?
TeacherIan

Re: 2021 summer in China

Post by TeacherIan »

Hi - I'm working at a well respected international school in Jiangsu. There hasn't been any bonuses or stipends offered to us or any of my friends working in schools in Shanghai or Beijing. Our school has increased the signing bonus for 2 year contracts and they are shortening the mid school holidays to give a 10 week summer next year so teachers can complete the 4 week quarantine requirement after 6 weeks away.
sid

Post by sid »

I've already spent two summers in my current location (not China) and who know if there will be a third. I haven't left this country since January 2020. No stipends in sight, and I don't expect any. Our school has shown appreciation in other ways. Rather surprised at the notion, tbh, especially in a country as big as China with so many options for internal travel. Being unable to leave Kuwait for years on end, for example, would be a far greater hardship, though nothing can make up for not being able to see family. Then again, since nothing can make up for not seeing family, is there a point in trying?
Andjelika

Post by Andjelika »

I've heard about some schools in Shanghai giving RMB 45,000 bonuses to their staff not to leave China next summer. Some other schools are supporting staff to go back home for holidays covering the cost of quarantine in China and the return ticket to home country.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Ive heard of some ISs in Genovia that are giving unicorns to ITs to stay through the summer holiday.