Issues departing Kuwait

interested

Issues departing Kuwait

Post by interested »

This has been a tough year working in Kuwait. Many labor laws and rules have changed, as well as the view of private schools. Numerous new schools are cropping up and there is a major teacher shortage, resulting in many teachers leaving the country for greener pastures.
What issues have you encountered and how are you dealing with them?
Many have run into unethical business managers who are shorting teachers out of their indemnity and return flights home. Some are giving settlement information at late dates, leaving departing teachers with no time to protest or seek ministry help. Has anyone encountered these situation? How did you solve your problem....did you solve your problem? What schools are honoring contracts and following Kuwait Labor Laws?
saam64

Post by saam64 »

I have been given an offer by A'Takamul International School and frankly I am a bit concerned by the reviews ... I have some specific questions ... would any one working there already or some one who is departing this year email me at saam64@hotmail.com ... your inputs will be of great value ... Thanks.
interested

Post by interested »

[quote="saam64"]I have been given an offer by A'Takamul International School and frankly I am a bit concerned by the reviews ... I have some specific questions ... would any one working there already or some one who is departing this year email me at saam64@hotmail.com ... your inputs will be of great value ... Thanks.[/quote]

I hope you haven't signed.
Let the questions roll......